Hunter's Woods Village Center

1/16

Opened in 1972, it was Reston’s second village center, originally designed as an interior shopping place, with nearly all stores unable to be seen from the road. Founder Robert E. Simon, Jr. envisioned that each village center would have a theme - Hunter's Woods focused on nature and horses featuring a stable, pony barn, and had appropriately named streets such as Colt’s Neck and Steeplechase. The village center was designed by Cohen Haft Associates of Silver Spring. Included shops, restaurants, library, and offices. It was developed by Gulf Reston. It was later redesigned to an open shopping plaza as we know it today. Reston Community Center opened there in 1979.  Hunters Woods Village Center was redeveloped in the late 1990s.

4.5 150 People love it

Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Lake Anne Plaza

1639 Washington Plaza

Reston, VA  20190

703-709-7700

info@restonmuseum.org 

FOLLOW US:

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook App Icon
  • YouTube App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

© 2020 Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Proudly created with Wix.com