Hunters Woods Stable

1/5

An original building of Hunters Woods, it was completed by 1966. This community stable had forty horse stalls and a riding ring. A pony barn was also built. 

The 1962 Reston Master Plan stated that the southern portion of Reston would include horseback riding and that stables would be provided in several villages so that residents could go horseback riding. 

In addition, the 1960s Reston Story, it was originally planned that Hunters Woods Village Center would have hitching posts and would be the start of "miles of bridle paths winding through Virginia's superb hunt country." 

 

This stable was transformed into a theater for the Reston Community Players’ first performance in 1966.  It was demolished in the 1980s after the roof collapsed. It was located in what is now Hunters Woods Park.

Streets such as "Colt's Neck" and "Steeplechase" are today's reminders of Reston's past exploration of horseback riding opportunities.   

4.5 150 People love it

Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Lake Anne Plaza

1639 Washington Plaza

Reston, VA  20190

703-709-7700

info@restonmuseum.org 

FOLLOW US:

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook App Icon
  • YouTube App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

© 2020 Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Proudly created with Wix.com