Thorton House

1/1

Benjamin Thornton owned 8,663 acres that would eventually be a part of Reston between 1852 and 1886 and used the property to harvest timber. His brother Joseph built a 14-room Gothic Revival style house on the property. It was destroyed by a fire in 1955.

Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Lake Anne Plaza

1639 Washington Plaza

Reston, VA  20190

703-709-7700

info@restonmuseum.org 

FOLLOW US:

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook App Icon
  • YouTube App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

© 2020 Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Proudly created with Wix.com