Town of Wiehle
In 1886, Dr. Max Wiehle, a German-born physician purchased what would become the northern part of Reston for a little over $3 an acre (3,228 acres). In 1888, Wiehle commissioned plans for a new town but it never came to fruition (He envisioned a town for 4,000 but population would never exceed 50). Buildings built included a hotel, several homes, and a town hall. Dr. Wiehle passed away in 1901. The Wiehle family sold the property in 1908 to Dr. Hugh B Hutchinson.