Armstrong Elementary 

Opened in 1986, it was named after astronaut Neil Armstrong. During the first year, the school housed three separate schools: Armstrong Elementary, Armstrong Center, and Lees Corner Elementary. Architect G. T. Ward designed Armstrong Elementary as a “pod” school, using a combination of traditional and open-school designs, meaning, classrooms originally did not have doors. A common design for schools built in the 1970s and early 1980s.

Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Lake Anne Plaza

1639 Washington Plaza

Reston, VA  20190

703-709-7700

info@restonmuseum.org 

FOLLOW US:

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook App Icon
  • YouTube App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

© 2020 Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Proudly created with Wix.com