Lake Anne Plaza

Reston’s first village center. In 1964, residents started moving in and all commercial spaces were leased by February 1965. Originally, the center included a grocery, art gallery, art supply store, pharmacy, hardware store, library (where the museum is today!) and other practical and recreational amenities. The architecture had European influences and is classic mid-20th century modern.  Listed in the National Register of Historic Places since 2016. Developed by Reston, VA Inc.

Reston Historic Trust & Museum

1639 Washington Plaza

Reston, VA  20190

703.709.7700

info@restonmuseum.org 

FOLLOW US:

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook App Icon
  • YouTube App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon

© 2021 Reston Historic Trust & Museum

Proudly created with Wix.com

2018.07.054

Lake Anne Plaza under construction. Photograph by Arvil Daniels